Thursday, December 08, 2005

Christmas Lightshow



Wednesday 5.85 miles/54:23/9:18 average pace

We had a fun group run last night through a very festive neighborhood! It was cold and my legs were kinda tight, but I was distracted by all the pretty decorations. :)

Thursday 3.0 miles/30:00/10:00 average pace

My shins felt really sore during and after the run last night, so I debated taking today off completely. But I actually woke up on time and didn't want to waste the morning! So I just did 3 easy miles on the treadmill. I think my legs are just tired because although I haven't been running tons of miles, I have been doing several speed workouts and I've had a couple hard races, plus I have not done a single EASY workout in weeks. Even my recovery days end up fast-ish. This is a a pretty obvious sign from my body to back off. My shins never bothered me during marathon training, so I think it's specifically a speed-training thing. So, after my race this weekend I am going to have a real easy recovery week next week (I'll follow the old "one day off (or easy day) for every mile raced). Then I think I will back off the speed work some. I will do a tempo run once a week (or every other week?) instead of hard speed work. Ya, I am a wuss. I'd rather run lots of miles though and feel good. :)

Allright well I guess it's time to put up my race goals for this weekend!

My overall goal is to run a smart race, pace well, not walk (too much), and finish feeling halfway decent.

Time goals:

A goal: 46:xx (7:24-7:34 pace)

B goal: beat current PR of 47:38 (7:40 pace)

C goal: under 48:00 (7:43 pace)

secret dream goal: 45:xx


Also, the results from previous years show that this is a really small race so I would love to place or possibly win my AG. :)