Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I have been such a slacker with posting, but couldn’t let the holiday go by without sending out a Christmas greeting to all of you. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and enjoy lots of delicious food, time with friends and family, and all your favorite traditions.

It’s my favorite time of year and this year is no different. It was so fun to decorate our house- it’s our first Christmas since we moved in! Zach hung lights outside, we got a big tree, and put up lots of decorations.

No big race reports or training to report- I’ve been enjoying this cut-back phase since the Portland Marathon and am feeling great. I’m still running consistently 3-4 times a week and doing yoga. No races on the schedule but am starting to think of signing up for at least a shorter distance in the next couple of months. Zach is already full into his training for a spring and summer of crazy ultra marathons- a 50k in March, a 40 miler in April, and a 50 miler in May! I’ll have more details on those races as they approach. He’s loving it.

Well I have a bunch of photos from the last few weeks but I’ll limit myself to ones I took today, Christmas Eve. I started the day with a lovely 8 mile run in Forest Park, then spent the afternoon recovering and lounging around. I busted out the violin for my annual Christmas recital (so rusty!) and now Zach is in the kitchen getting dinner ready. I have to go pick up Deana and Dana so I better get going! Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy New Year!!! :)

leif

violin chef z  Me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Christmas! Zach is on a tear 50k, 40 and 50 miler. Keep on having fun and enjoying running!

Ewen said...

Merry Christmas to you and Zach. In recovery mode from Christmas lunch down here (with Pacific Northwest style rain on the roof). That photo of you with the tree would make a good one for next year's Chrissy cards. Have a great 2012, and happy running!

Alisa said...

Yay for Christmas! Can't wait to see you again sometime soon.