Sunday, February 27, 2011

Friend-ruary

This has been a super amazing February. One for the books! Let’s make a list with a lot of exclamation points:

* We bought a house!

* My rib injury is healing up and I can run and even climb!

+ I won my age group in a road race!   

* My mom and brother came for a visit and some quality family time. They are the best!

* I visited my best friend Inga in Phoenix!

* Maritza came to Portland for work and we went running and climbing and drank wine and ate donuts!

* I’ve started running once a week with Emily before attending her yoga class!

* My mother-in-law Melanie is continuing her incredible recovery and is finally up and walking!!

* Last but not least, February was the month of running with a ridiculous number of my favorite people. I am usually a solo runner but this month I had some amazing running partners. Check out the pictures. Not pictured: the exquisitely fast and fantastic Emily.

MY BROTHER! Jon historically hated all sports, but is now running as cross training for roller derby (he’s head ref for the Silicon Valley Roller Girls). I’d NEVER run with him. When he was here we ran twice- 2 and 3 miles.

Run with Jon 2 2 2011

Inga! She’s a new runner too. In addition to doing the 2 mile fun run at Lost Dutchman, we went out for a run/walk the next day too. I haven’t run with Inga in years! I’m so proud of her.

DSCN2801

Zach! Of course. Always my #1 running buddy. (I got a lot of use out of this jacket lately because it’s been freezing)

jen and zach 2 24 2011

Deana! We just did this awesome trail run on Saturday. It was 25 degrees and snowy. She’s always up for a run, I love it.

Deana and me trail run 2 27 2011

Maritza!! She was here for work last week and we went for a nice 5 mile run along the waterfront. Zach ran with us and took a bunch of great photos. She was my first running buddy and will always have a special place in my heart. ♥

IMG_5193

Unfortunately I haven’t run with Alisa lately, but that is definitely going to change as we will soon be neighbors!! I also need to run with Amy and Lisa and Sarah- they do a Sunday run but I never get up early enough to join. I did however just commit to playing beer-league softball with that crew this spring. Sounds fun. I played in junior high and high school but haven’t picked up a bat or glove since!

In summary, life is good. I’m running, I’m climbing, I’m busy, and I’m happy. This month reminded me that my life is full of wonderful people and I am very blessed.

 

Here are a bunch more fun pics of Maritza’s visit last week. We took her climbing for the first time and she did great. It was my first time back in a month too. We had a blast!

IMG_5125

IMG_5148

IMG_5161 IMG_5169 IMG_5179 IMG_5180 IMG_5184 IMG_5198 IMG_5204 IMG_5211 IMG_5214 

IMG_5226

Thanks for reading. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Soon, I will be resuming my Tuesday waterfront loop followed by yoga ritual...might have to see if you'll let me tag along with you sometime! :)

Sounds like such a great month! YAY!

Ewen said...

Well done on getting your brother into running. Female roller derby is getting big down here - there's a big waiting list for the teams.

KK said...

Friends make everything better! That's awesome that you got your brother into running. You guys are identical.

Any chance you'll be posting some pix of the new house???

Marathon Maritza said...

Yay on home-buying and fun friend-bruary!!!!! I had such a blast visiting you and can't wait to be back again soon!