This has been a super amazing February. One for the books! Let’s make a list with a lot of exclamation points:
* We bought a house!
* My rib injury is healing up and I can run and even climb!
+ I won my age group in a road race!
* My mom and brother came for a visit and some quality family time. They are the best!
* I visited my best friend Inga in Phoenix!
* Maritza came to Portland for work and we went running and climbing and drank wine and ate donuts!
* I’ve started running once a week with Emily before attending her yoga class!
* My mother-in-law Melanie is continuing her incredible recovery and is finally up and walking!!
* Last but not least, February was the month of running with a ridiculous number of my favorite people. I am usually a solo runner but this month I had some amazing running partners. Check out the pictures. Not pictured: the exquisitely fast and fantastic Emily.
MY BROTHER! Jon historically hated all sports, but is now running as cross training for roller derby (he’s head ref for the Silicon Valley Roller Girls). I’d NEVER run with him. When he was here we ran twice- 2 and 3 miles.
Inga! She’s a new runner too. In addition to doing the 2 mile fun run at Lost Dutchman, we went out for a run/walk the next day too. I haven’t run with Inga in years! I’m so proud of her.
Zach! Of course. Always my #1 running buddy. (I got a lot of use out of this jacket lately because it’s been freezing)
Deana! We just did this awesome trail run on Saturday. It was 25 degrees and snowy. She’s always up for a run, I love it.
Maritza!! She was here for work last week and we went for a nice 5 mile run along the waterfront. Zach ran with us and took a bunch of great photos. She was my first running buddy and will always have a special place in my heart. ♥
Unfortunately I haven’t run with Alisa lately, but that is definitely going to change as we will soon be neighbors!! I also need to run with Amy and Lisa and Sarah- they do a Sunday run but I never get up early enough to join. I did however just commit to playing beer-league softball with that crew this spring. Sounds fun. I played in junior high and high school but haven’t picked up a bat or glove since!
In summary, life is good. I’m running, I’m climbing, I’m busy, and I’m happy. This month reminded me that my life is full of wonderful people and I am very blessed.
Here are a bunch more fun pics of Maritza’s visit last week. We took her climbing for the first time and she did great. It was my first time back in a month too. We had a blast!
Thanks for reading. :)