Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Autumn in Montana

We just returned from a long weekend road trip to Montana. It was a perfect visit, although too short as always. We had great weather- nothing beats a beautiful fall day in Montana. We also had great company on the drive – Deana and Dana, we had a blast talking and playing travel bingo. At home we spent time with so many friends and relatives and just enjoyed every second of it. My mom is doing great and everyone was in such a great mood, it was awesome to be around. :)

My foot and attitude continue to improve and I had a couple amazing runs there. The elevation and dry air kind of kill me but I still loved it.

Here are a few pictures. First, the landscape and a few family photos, and then a ton of running pictures. Enjoy! 

 DSC_0002 DSC_0044 DSC_0050 DSC_0059 DSC_0068 DSC_0070

DSC_0136

DSC_0078 DSC_0081 DSC_0093 DSC_0098  DSC_0153 DSC_0218 DSC_0225 DSC_0228

DSC_0237

DSC_0250

 

In between all that sight-seeing and visiting, we ran:

First, on Saturday, we ran up Mount Helena. We gained about 1000 feet of elevation in 1.75 miles, peaking at about 5,400 feet elevation. It HURT!

 DSCN1685 DSCN1691 DSCN1693 DSCN1699 DSCN1702 DSCN1703 DSCN1711 DSCN1717 DSCN1723 DSCN1726 DSCN1734

Second run on Sunday- 7 miles through Helena. We ran up along the base of the mountain and back to the house.

DSCN1746 DSCN1752 DSCN1754 DSCN1763 DSCN1765 DSCN1769

DSCN1775

Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

10 comments:

JR said...

Awesome blog.
With best wishes.
Jonas

Mel said...

Just beautiful! I'm glad your feeling a better...physically and mentally :)

Alisa said...

Looks like a great weekend trip! I'm excited to go to Montana next summer and visit my Aunt. I haven't been in ages and Justin's never been. I'm thinking the running might be really hard---anything over 1500 feet and my lungs go on fire.

Can't wait to see you soon, it's been ages.

Anonymous said...

amazing pics! Montana is so beautiful in the Fall! I love all the leaves :)

Lisa said...

Awesome photos! I loved the third one down with the clouds. Amazing. I took a road trip to Montana years ago and it was an absolutely gorgeous part of the country.

Aron said...

beautiful pics, i need some autumn in my life!!! looks like a great trip, love your running photos as always.

SavvyFitChica said...

Gorgeous pictures- looks like a tranquil place. I miss the fall colors :(

The tank top you're wearing for your 7-mile run around the mountain is very flattering on you. I can't get over how skinny you look in all the pictures- the yoga seems to be slimming you!

I'm pretty jealous of all the mini-trips you guys take. xoxo

Marathon Maritza said...

What BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! I'm so glad you had such a fabulous trip!

Great job on getting some running in there and am happy to hear your foot is feeling better. When are you taking me to MT?????

XOXO

Ewen said...

That's a stunning landscape. Great photos. I like the single-track trail. Good to hear your foot is on the improve.

John said...

Dude, I'd move to Montana in a heartbeat - so beautiful. Do your folks have an extra room?! The wife and I would make good houseguests, I promise. :)