A few weeks ago I was tagged by Kristen with that fun 11 things thing going around. I did not do it! Big surprise. I'm going to do a version of it as a way of sharing the mish-mash of thoughts floating around my skull!
11 random things (mostly about being pregnant) with lots of exclamation points.
1) Running! is still going well! I have been running 4 days a week and did 8 miles last weekend with Alisa. It was gorgeous and such great company. I'm still slow, and getting slower, but feeling good. That's what matters.
2) Bumpdate! (bump update)- I feel like it's huge but it weirdly doesn't show as much in photos. So weird. I'm definitely getting bigger though. And I love it!
3) Flutter Watch! I'm on high alert for any kind of fetus movement. Apparently he/she is thrashing around like mad in there, and soon I should be able to feel it. Twice this week I've had "maybe" movement but it was probably just gas. Could be a couple more weeks before it's obvious. Who knows. All the descriptions are useless and weird "bubbles popping, butterflies fluttering, goldfish swimming." How the F do you know how a goldfish swimming FEELS? Stop describing it to me! I'm just going to wait for a full on kung-fu kick where I can see the footprint before I can say for sure.
4) SUN! nice weather in the northwest this week and weekend! Sunny and low 50's. It's blowing my mind. I'm determined to run in shorts this weekend sometime.
5) Swimming! I did it! I went swimming for the first time in 2 months. It was great. I swam 1000 yards with lots of breaks. I did about half freestyle and half breastroke (love me some breastroke). I am surprisingly NOT much slower than when I was training regularly and not pregnant. I was rather slow to begin with, that might be it. I'm definitely going to keep swimming as often as I can. Once a week is good!
6) Umm! Totally lost my train of thought. This happens a lot. Of course it always has, I'm kind of an airhead. But I get to blame everything on being pregnant: being an airhead, being lazy, being awful to my husband, being a slow runner, eating as much as I want, etc.
7) Television! I've watched a LOT of TV since I have been pregnant. No two-a-day workouts or beer-drinking means lots of couch time with the Roku. Especially the first few weeks, it's getting slightly less now. Anyway, what I've been watching: Mad Men (re-watched the entire series), Downton Abbey, AFV (America's Funniest Home Videos- it's streaming on Netflix, folks. It's just basically You-tube and it makes me laugh a lot. That's got to be good for baby!), Walking Dead, Battlestar Gallactica (those last two are Zach pics but I'm into them). I've also been playing a LOT of Jetpack Joyride on my iPhone. It's so fun, you gotta check it out. The guy's name is Barry Steakfries. BARRY STEAKFRIES!
8) Oh ya! I remember what I was going to say before. After that awesome swim session, I actually went bowling with Zach and his bowling buddies! I can't believe I actually went out and did something social on a wednesday night. I was very proud of myself.
9) Ultra-husband! Zach is going strong with his training- last weekend he did a 24 mile long run in Forest Park, and this weekend is doing 10 and 20 back to back. Every weekend brings some kind of craziness. His first race of the ultra season is late March, a 50k out in the gorge. Then he's doing a 40 miler in April, and a 50 miler in May. NUTS. Between him, Alisa's husband (who has been a great training partner for Zach), and Aron, I feel surrounded by crazies. I figure they are running enough miles for all of us, and I am more than content with my 20 mpw.
10) Umm! 11 things is hard.
11) Well I did my best. Gotta get ready and head to prenatal yoga and then running in the sunshine! Have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by! :)