Happy New Year's Eve kids! Here's some of what is going on in my head today.
- I am still unemployed and actually going to apply for an unemployment extension. I'm really grateful for the money but I could be making so much more if I was working. Most importantly I"m booooooooooored. I think I've applied for about 100000 jobs. Not many interviews. sigh.
- I have an opinion on every single commercial and remember the actors. An example of my insight is that the other day I picked out the voice of Steve Buscemi in two different animated roles in like the span of one hour (well one was the simpsons but still). This of course shows that I watch a lot of tv.
- It's like everybody's birthday around here. Maritza Dec 27th, my dad on the 30th, my friend Alee today the 31st, Zach's Grandad Tomorrow the 1st, my friend Inga's is the 5th. I kind of suck at birthdays around holidays... sorry gang!
- I am going to start cycling 2-3 times a week as sort of a build up to my Spring training. I rode my Mtn bike yesterday down along the river rather than ride my road bike on the trainer. Really I could have taken my road bike out, the streets were dry and it wasn't raining, but I'm not quite ready for that (It's been a WHILE). I pushed pretty hard and actually averaged 13 MPH which wasn't bad on my heavy ass mtn bike! I figure I will do most of the riding on the trainer but I'll try to get out when the weather is clear. Tuesday: bike 10.0 miles/46:12/13.0 mph average
- I ran 5 miles today and bumped into Emily on the river trail, so I joined her on the route over to Anne's house. They went to yoga and I ran home. Wednesday: run 5.0 miles/44:56/8:59 average pace
- Today is my friend from Missoula Alee's birthday. She's a grad student and super smart and funny and easily one of my favorite people. She came to visit us a couple of years ago for New Year's Eve/birthday and we all went out in North Beach in SF and got real intoxicated. It was one of the funnest nights ever. Observe some pics of that historical event with estimated timeline (as if I was at all aware that night). This takes place at a few different bars:
9:00 pm -