Sunday, December 23, 2007

Central Park, NYC!


Thursday 6.5 miles/1:05:00/10:00 average pace (estimate)

Ran in Central Park in NYC on our last day there. It wasn't too cold- about 40- and the skies were clear. There were so many runners including a group of elite African runners who flew by us like we were standing still. It was so amazing to get to run there!










Check out more pictures here LINK

We had a wonderful trip! We saw so many sights including Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Natural History Museum, NYC Public Library, Bryant Park, Wall Street, and the World Trade Center site. We shopped on 5th Avenue, in SOHO, and at a few touristy gift shops. We went to pubs on the Upper West Side and in Greenwich Village, and we ate delicious pizza, hot dogs, and halal food from street vendors. We went to a jazz show in the Village after having dinner in Little Italy. The Waldorf-Astoria Hotel was gorgeous and super convenient to everything. We walked all over the city, only taking the subway once and a cab once. The city is insanely Christmas-y and I saw tons of huge beautiful Christmas trees everywhere, not just in Rockefeller Center! I am sure I'm forgetting tons of stuff, it was a whirlwind. One of my favorite things was definitely running in the park though- how awesome. I even managed to run for over an hour even though my legs were so tired from all the walking! And that park has got some hills! We were in a rush to get back to the hotel and off to the airport, so we actually took a cab from the park! Ha ha. Only in NY!

Allright, back home I am getting some workouts in:

Friday Swim 1000 m: 500 freestyle, 250 backstroke, 250 pull

Saturday 3.5 miles/37:14/9:05 average pace

Zach was doing a 10 miler so I did the first bit with him. I am feeling better these days but my right calf was a bit tight after. I'm easing back into running with lots of cross training to avoid injury. I don't have to start training for Boston for a few more weeks so no rush.

Merry Christmas everyone!!! Hope you all have a fantastic holiday. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. And, how fun to run in Central Park. Happy Holidays.

Arcane said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Merry Christmas to you and Zach!

miss petite america said...

so jealous! nyc is magical!

you two take awesome pics and you look ridiculously cute in winter hats!

merry christmas!

TJ said...

great pics.
Merry Christmas!

Ryan said...

What beautiful pictures!!

Glad to see you had a great trip. You guys seem like a fun couple.

I am eager to see your 2008 running goals. You had such an outstanding 2007. What is your plan in '08?

The 311 Boys Mom said...

Great pics!!

Looks like you had a great time!! My sisters going in a few weeks. Her roomate & BFF from HS is a model & had a place here in MIchigan that they share & she has an apt in NYC she shares with 2 other models (victoria secret models, no less). But I went to their ugly Christmas Sweater party Sunday & Sarah (model) said her roomates are gone in the spring for 2 weeks, so I'm hoping we could use there place & go for a few days!

Paul said...

Nice pics!! I love the dinosaur one!! Sweet. Way too cold for me though.

Ewen said...

Great photos Jen - thanks for sharing. 'Checking out the view' is a beauty, as is the B&W one of you and Zach in Central Park with the tree shadows on the snow.

Well done on squeezing in a run or two. I definitely must make it to NY one day...