Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tagged myself




I saw this on a couple blogs and since I love Christmas so much (and I'm bored) I felt like answering it. :P

1. Wrapping paper or gift bag?

wrapping paper for sure. I am all about the ribbons and bows.

2. Real tree or artificial?

I like a real tree, but this year we got a small fake one since we'll be out of town for a week right before Christmas. I like picking out my tree in the tree lot, but even better is picking my tree from the forest like we did in MT. The best part was it only cost $3.00- for the permit.

3. When do you put up your tree?

as soon as Zach will let me- usually the first week of December.

4. When do you take down your tree?

right away- within a couple days. I get sick of the mess pretty fast after the holiday is over.

5. Do you like eggnog?

very much.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

just told Zach this story this weekend- it was the Star Stage that Santa brought me circa 5th grade. It was just a microphone on a stand and I think it lit up, but I thought I was such a diva.
also, any gift that my uncle gave us because it was always in treasure-hunt format. I once dug a $50 bill out of a jar of peanut butter! (it was wrapped in plastic)

7. Do you have a nativity scene?

negative

8. Hardest person to buy for?
my brother. He is a pain in the ass in most respects. :) (hi jon!)

9. Easiest person to buy for?

any little kids

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received?

ummm, can't think of anything that was too bad. Actually when we were first dating Zach bought me this kind of funky outfit - it was allright but I never wore it... and he still gives me shit about that. So maybe that, since I'm still dealing with it.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?

mail. Crap I have to do that.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?

hmm- a three way tie: Christmas Story, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, and Elf.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

black Friday, and I get probably 90% of the shopping done that day.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

I'm sure, can't think of anything specific.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Candy out of my stocking early on Christmas morning. Gotta love chocolate at 8 am.

16. White or colored lights?

both, in copious amounts

17. Favorite Christmas song?

Oh holy night

18. Traveling for Christmas or stay home?

stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?

dasher, dancer, praner, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, rudoulph.

20. Angel or Star on top of tree?
star

21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning?

One on Christmas eve, the rest in the morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
getting fat

23. What I love most about Christmas?

the warm feeling I get when I hear certain songs and see certain movies or smell a certain smell- it reminds me of Christmas growing up and how magical my parents and family made the holidays for my brother and me.

8 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

very nice ...

I do the one Christmas Eve present and the rest the next day.

and fav present growing up was a pinball machine...it wasn't an official one like the ones at the bowling alley but it was a decent size and lots of noise and lights when u scored big--lol

Michele said...

I just got this in email today!!!
hmm. wonder if it is still in my out basket to post????
I got sticks and coal from Santa one year. That was a bad Christmas!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was fun! Merry Christmas

Lance Notstrong said...

You're movies are the same as mine except substitute Elf with Scrooged (Bill Murray). Although Elf is good :-)

Marathon Maritza said...

Awww I love this cute post...CHEESE!!!

Now you are making me wanna watch A Christmas Story!! ("You'll shoot your eye out! You'll shoot your eye out!")

ShirleyPerly said...

Fun list!! I wish I did most of my shopping so early. I'm struggling now to get it done, as well as Xmas cards. I need an elf!

Debbie said...

That was a fun holiday post. I love Ralphie from A Christmas Story.