Friday, December 14, 2007

Recovery Run!

Friday 3.1 miles/28:55/9:20 average pace


First run since the marathon felt great! It was VERY cold out this morning- like 29 degrees or so. I bundled up and was comfortable in my tights and many top layers and gloves. I listened to Phedippidations and enjoyed the frosty quiet morning. I paid close attention to my left shin, which bothered me before the marathon, and my right knee, which bothered me after last year's CIM. Both were fine!


Earlier this week I did some cross training too which I will report here:


Tuesday: At the gym in Phoenix, where I was for work

35 minutes elliptical machine

10 minutes recumbent bike machine

Weight lifting- upper body


Thursday:

1000 m swimming in about 22:30

(500 m crawl, 250 backstroke, 250 pull)

- the backstroke was pretty tough since I've never done more than a lap or two of that, but it felt good! I think it is my favorite stroke for some reason.



Well tonight I am going to clean and pack. My office holiday dinner is tomorrow and the festivities actually start in the afternoon, so I won't have any time. Also, Zach has an 8 miler tomorrow morning and I will ride my bike with him again. He is training for a half marathon in February which I haven't decided if I'm doing or not.

I am really looking forward to our trip to New York! One of the things I am most excited about is going for a run in Central Park. I've always wanted to do that! We are going to have a blast and I will take a ton of pictures to post when I get back next weekend.


Merry Christmas everyone!!

8 comments:

Paul said...

Enjoy the party and trip to NY! Marry Xmas! You should ride with a Megaphone on the bike and shout at Zach on the run to keep him going! :)

Michele said...

Great cross training. glad to hear your run went well too.

Have a great trip.

Merry Christmas.

Donald said...

You think it's cold here ... wait until you get to NY.

Have a great trip!

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, I don't ever remember the Bay Area getting that cold when I was growing up there but it was always too cold for me.

Great job on the run and XT (I can't swim backstroke straight at all!). Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Ewen said...

Merry Christmas Jen. Pics of the run in Central Park would be good - esp if it's snowing.

It's good to hear the shin and knee are fine.

TJ said...

sounds like you're recovered from the race and ready go.
have a great trip!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Merry X-Mas Jen & Zach....Have an awesome trip to NYC!!

Chris said...

"It was VERY cold out this morning- like 29 degrees or so."

I laughed out loud when I read that.....that's t-shirt and shorts running weather around here!:)

I only make fun because I'm jealous...