Friday, December 07, 2007

Recovery Update and Christmas in New York

I'm starting to feel normal again- my legs are recovered and in fact feel better than the days before the marathon. I am also finally getting over a cold that started last week. I was off work Monday and Tuesday so I'm also getting back into the work routine. The plan is to take at least two weeks off from running- it seems like a lot but I've had injuries pop up after races so I'm being very cautious. Plus, I have no interest in running at all right now. Zach has started training for a half marathon (which I haven't decided if I'm doing or not) so tomorrow I'll ride my bike along with him on his run. :) I did make it to the pool on Wednesday where I swam 500 m very easy and then sat in the steam room and hot tub. I also rode my bike to work this week so my legs are definitely working. I'm really just enjoying being lazy though and I'm going to let my motivation find its way back to me in its own time. Meanwhile, I have Christmas cookies to bake, parties to attend, and zzzz's to catch.







Also, in just over a week we are going to NEW YORK CITY! Yay! Neither Zach or I have ever been and I cannot wait. We are staying at the Waldorf Astoria and there are a million wonderful things to see right within a mile of our hotel. I'm just starting to look at travel books and stuff, but we're going to stick to a non-schedule for the most part and just soak it all in. I absolutely love Christmas time and I can only imagine how magical NYC is this time of year. I'm so excited! We leave next Sunday and return Thursday, then we'll spend Christmas at home and with my brother and sister-in-law.

Tonight we are going to see A Christmas Carol in Walnut Creek and next weekend we have my office holiday party. I'm pretty much done shopping so besides a few events I will be cozy at home baking cookies and watching hockey. :)




10 comments:

Michele said...

swimming and biking do not = lazy!!!!

You just ran an awesome marathon you earned a break.

21stCenturyMom said...

NYC should be a blast! My personal favorite place to visit is the Museum of Natural History. Love that place! Also the public library is very cool. And the Met, Whitney and MoMa. You have to kind of pick, though or it gets a little expensive although you can get a 9 day City Pass for $65 that will let you in to a bunch of places

http://www.sightseeingworld.com/tourdetailmain.asp?TourCode=41&gclid=CKr-lurAl5ACFRdPagodKzaI7Q

Also - if you get to the theater box office of a show you want to see first thing in the morning you can buy SRO tickets for $25. We saw the Lion King that way and spent the 2nd half in really fantastic seats because no one showed up to claim them.

Petraruns said...

Wow - what a lot to look forward to! I love NYC and you two will have such a great time I'm sure. And as for lazing - I don't think swimming and biking is lazy but time off is definitely called for after your amazing race. Well done!

miss petite america said...

ack! i am so jealous! nyc is simply amazing! and at christmastime, it's even more beautiful!. you and zach will have an amazing time!

Ewen said...

New York would be fantastic this time of the year. Ice skating in Central Park - good cross-training ;)

Your marathon photos were good. That's an impressive medal; and there's nothing like a victory beer!

ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear your recovery is going well. I went to a race today but just to help out :-)

Have a great time in NYC!!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Meanwhile, I have Christmas cookies to bake, parties to attend, and zzzz's to catch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now that is a GOOD PLAN, enjoy ur recovery REST!!! You Earned it!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your well deserved rest! And NY.

The 311 Boys Mom said...

I love that you & your DH travel & seem to be eachothers other half. It should be like that.

Great Marathon report & GREAT JOB!!!!

Serioulsy, you are fast! I get excited when I see I'm under a 10m/m.

I need your level of commitment---half of it & I may be a decent runner one day!

Quinto Sol said...

Oh I am so jealous... I always wanted to stay at the W-A... ever since I watched "scent of a woman"...

Have fun!!!