So I'll start all that with my next post because this (doo doo doooo!) 500TH (cue confetti, streamers) post is all about meeeeeeeeeeeee. Not just triathlete/runner me, but real me! Surprisingly, I have other stuff going on in my life! Let's get to it.
100 things about me
10 things about my past:
- I was born on September 10, 1980.
- I spent the first 21 years of my life in Montana.
- I am still best friends with girls I met at ages 4 and 10.
- I danced in the Pro Bowl halftime show in 1997 with some of the dance team I was on in high school. The main act was Montel Jordan singing "This is how we do it" Aww ya.
- I was kicked off the dance team for, um, breaking the law.
- I was kind of a bad kid in high school.
- I feel really bad about the way I treated my parents and brother in high school.
- I turned out allright though, and graduated college with honors with a degree in Geography.
- I was voted "Most Changed in 4 Years" by my senior classmates. My brother earned the same distinction when he graduated high school.
- I suffered with depression for a few years in high school/college and was on an anti-depressant for some time.
10 things about my personality:
- I think I'm hilarious.
- I think I'm gorgeous.
- I have a really fragile ego.
- I'm a whiny bratty baby.
- I'm bossy.
- I'm really generous and love helping people.
- I'm obsessively organized/particular.
- I cry really easily and often.
- I'm annoyingly positive.
- I love to talk.
10 random things I love:
- trivia games
- my brother's sense of humor
- being alone in the outdoors
- jazz music
10 things I dislike/pet-peeves
- when people say "give 110%" or any figure over 100%. It only goes to 100. (also: giving things an 11 on a scale of 1-10)
- the phrase "know-how"
- people who interrupt
- exceedingly hot weather
- talking about politics
- bad customer service
- being told what to do
- swallowing large pills
10 cool places I've been:
- Yellowstone National Park
- California Redwood forests
- New York City
- Beach cities of southern California
- British Columbia
- Arizona desert
- Las Vegas
- spend time in Europe (more than a couple weeks)
- live in another city
- be in a local play
- place well in my hometown marathon
- have a baby/babies
- live in a secluded rural place and be semi self sufficient.
- have a nice home and work with my two best friends who are architects/designers to make it beautiful.
- start a business with Zach doing something we enjoy
- space travel
- favorite movie: The Jerk
- favorite food: fried stuff
- favorite drink: three way tie between Moose Drool beer, Riesling wine, and Grey Goose Martini. In the non-alcoholic category: Chocolate milkshakes.
- favorite color: blue
- favorite number: 4
- favorite season: fall
- favorite smell: lavender
- favorite cookie: double chocolate chip
- favorite clothing item: comfy pants
- favorite animal: gotta go with bunny
10 things I'm proud of doing:
- completing 6 marathons
- getting through all the rough times with Zach
- quitting smoking/drugs
- having been at my job 5 years
- trying new things when they seem scary
- travelling alone for work a lot
- continuing to learn and challenge myself when stuff interests me
- being a good wife, daughter, friend, sister
- having a blog that people actually read!
- being healthy
Um, this is getting hard. Maybe I should just do 80 things about me...
Oh I know!
10 pictures I love:
and we'll end with something useful for the folks at home:
10 fun websites:
- everyone's blog (see sidebar)
Allright, so, this post took a looooong time and started feeling disgustingly self-indulgent. But isn't that pretty much what having a blog is all about?
That's all for me! Thank you and good night!