I am going to do another random thoughts type post here since I'm so far behind updating and I have a very full brain. First, here are my training updates for this week:
4.0 miles/8:55 average pace
Easy run on the waterfront
6.0 miles/8:02 average pace
4.0 miles/31:14/7:49 average pace
That's pretty much it! I did NO swimming and NO biking. I did resume the pushup challenge though! This stuff will be covered in my random thoughts below. And we're off!
- Pushups: I got all the way up to Week 5 (in like 10+ weeks, I've been repeating the weeks 2-3 times each) and got up to a max of 40 pushups. The, I took basically two weeks off. So this week I stepped back to week 4 and completed it no problem. Ok, actually the first day was really tough, but today was great and I did 45 for my max!!
- Circle of fat: Ugh, I'm once again feeling heavy and unfortunately the scale is confirming this. For the past few years I have this annoying cycle (if I knew how to insert a graphic I would really make this a circle flow chart): Realize I've gained weight and feel bad/sad, Get motivated and cut back on my junk food and track my food and eat super healthy, lose weight, feel so happy and self-confident!, reward my hotness with beer and fries, the weight drifts up but who cares, I'm healthy, Eat recklessly, Realize I've gained weight and feel bad/sad. I'm back at the start of that cycle right now. I should note that this whole cycle takes place in the range of like 5-8 lbs but I think it is still unhealthy. Plus, I bet that range moves up in baby steps in the coming years! I need to be vigilant to stay healthy. Can I get an amen ladies? Anyone?
- Running is great! Despite being a chunker, I have been running fast lately! For some reason I've been keeping a sub-8 pace pretty comfortably. I start off about a minute slower, then pick it up. I think it's because I've been running lower mileage with no schedule whatsoever. I've just been running how I feel. And that's been like 25-28 mpw all at moderate intensity. For me, about a minute faster per mile than I usually run for higher mileage/marathon training. I think it is a good thing! I hope it is specifically good for half-marathon racing, because I am racing a half marathon this weekend. It will be my third so far this year (really?) and I'd like to see an improvement.
- All this slacking and indulging in delicious local grub and brews and running how I feel has been awesome. But, I think I'm getting close to a turning point. Gotta get this serious triathlete thing going.
- Having a job is awesome. I get to organize stuff and play with maps all day and I get off at 3:30. Sweet x 3. Oh, and I also love dressing nice! It's so fun after feeling like a broke slob for the better part of a year.
- Garfield: I made delicious lasagne for dinner tonight. Am I the only one who thinks of Garfield every time I eat lasagna? I enjoyed him.
- Swine flu: WTF?!
- Lost: WTF?!? So awesome.
- Blogs: I have been falling behind on commenting on blogs but I have been reading them! You are all awesome. Good luck to everyone racing this weekend: Aron in Eugene, Judi, and Michele, and Amy in Cincinnati, and Sun Runner in Cleveland, Susan in Wisconson, and everyone I'm forgetting! Congrats on all the recent success too. You are all very inspiring!
Well I will wrap it up. Thanks for reading and look out for my Eugene half marathon race report after Sunday! :)