Saturday, August 26, 2006

Up and Running

Friday 3.5 miles/31:43/9:04 average pace

My first run back went ok! I was in LA for work, so I just ran down the street to the local park and did a couple loops. My legs felt good and my breathing was under control, so I think the rest week didn't hurt me a bit. My left shin/knee was pretty sore all afternoon though, kinda weird.

Saturday 4.0 miles/36:48/9:12 average pace

After sleeping in and taking our sweet time, Zach and I went up to Danville and ran on the trail. It was a little warm out, but nice. My left shin/knee hurt pretty bad at first! I was kind of hobbling, and even walked for a minute. But after a half mile or so I was not hobbling and it didn't hurt. The rest of the run went great, and it does not hurt post-run at all.

TOTAL miles for the week: 7.5

ha ha!! That's gotta be some kind of record for me.

Tooth-wise, I'm doing good! I have only taken the Ibeprofin (I'm so far off with the spelling, Spell check doesn't even know what I'm trying to say!) a couple of times, and it's not hurting much at all. One of the former tooth areas started bleeding when I was cleaning it, but that didn't last long and it's been fine since. I'm able to eat most foods since I can totally chew (on one side, with the front half of my teeth... but still!). I ate pizza last night and a bagel today. :) Sure, it takes a long, long time, but I'm chewing!!

Next week I'm hoping to get a few good runs in, then we are going backpacking in Yosemite over the long weekend. Yipee!

No comments: