Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hot, hot, hot

Wednesday 9.0 miles/1:24::44/9:25 average pace

Reeeeeally hot run in Santa Clarita. It was over 90 at the start, and even hotter by the end. I did my run around noon because I knew the temp would only rise through the day, plus I didn't see myself having 9 miles worth of energy later in the day after travelling and stuff. Anyway, it worked out allright! There are lots of nice bike paths in Santa Clarita, so I just found one and ran. Luckily after a couple of miles I came upon a 2 mile stretch that was shaded, so I actually doubled back and ran that section twice rather than die in the sun. I drank a ton of water and took walking breaks when I drank, so I felt decent throughout. I was pretty surprised my pace wasn't much slower, especially with all the walking. I drank a bunch more water and ate lunch right after, and ended up feeling pretty good for the rest of the day.

I'm very happy to report that I am not even sore today at all! I was quite sore on Tuesday, after Monday's 8 Miles + Strides, and honestly that worried me. I thought it was a bad sign that I was very sore after a medium-lenght run... and I doubted my ability to complete the week (let alone the entire 12-week schedule!) So, this really boosts my confidence. :) I am going to take the training one run at a time, which is some good advice I read from fellow Pfitz-followers. So, on that note, my next run is an easy 5 tomorrow morning. Piece of cake. :)

No comments: