Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mid-week medium-longness

Wednesday 11.0 miles/1:44:47/9:32 average pace

These mid week long runs are a staple in the Pfitz training program, so I better get used to it. Actually, I thought it went really well. I kept the pace real easy, and did not look at my watch to ensure that (if I start tracking my splits, I become compelled to run faster). The run really did feel easy throughout. :) I did pick up the pace in the final miles, which is something Pfitz recomends for Long and Medium Long runs. His theory is to start easy and increase the speed at the end- this will help you finish strong in the marathon. I sort of made an effort to do this last night, although the hardest part for me is running slowly at first. I tend to start faster, then there's really no where to go from there.

Anyway, here's the result of my effort:

First 6 miles: 58:34 (9:46 average pace)
Last 5 miles: 46:13 (9:15 average pace)

Or something like that, I worked it out last night, and that's what I recall. :)

Today is a rest day again!

No comments: