Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Our neighbor the sun


Monday 3.0 miles/24:16/8:06 average pace

I was smart to cut this run short, as it was about 95 degrees outside. My actual reason was that the sharks game started at 6:00 and I was short on time, but it all worked out. Except for the sharks, of course. Their season fizzled out last night, but what a season it was. I can't wait to see how far they can go next year. :) Red Wings are such a good team, I hope they go all the way.

Oh, ya, running. So I was really hot and tired and thirsty. I ran my first mile in 8:22, second mile in 8:14, and cranked out the last mile in 7:39. No wonder I felt like I was going to pass out! I was ok though, nothing a cold beer couldn't fix. :)



This morning I got up and swam 15 laps = 750 meters in about 20 minutes. Weeee!

7 comments:

jahowie said...

Awesome run!! Plus you finished it off with a nice cold beer. Nice work!!

Chad in the Arizona Desert said...

You mean they are still playing hockey? Hard to tell here since the Coyotes have been on the golf course for about a month. They should probably just stay there next season, too, since they haven't made the playoffs since the Clinton administration.

Great job with the run and I really like the bike...very nice!

Eed said...

No one is allowed to complain about the sun! In Seattle the sun is neither a neighbor nor even a distant relative that sometimes visits. My apologies, I'm still experiencing CA withdrawl...awesome on the run, I think you should do a 5k soon and set a new PR.

TJ said...

cold beer makes everything better. :)

Mir said...

Neat pic of the sun. When it gets that hot, I just try to remember what it was like to run in subzero temps in January and February. It won't seem so bad after a couple of weeks anyway.

GB said...

Damn you're a fast swimmer! I wanna be like you! It took me 35 minutes to swim 804 meters yesterday, but the point is... I actually swam. Thanks for motivating me! I need it.

Too bad about the Sharks. My hubby is a huge fan. Who knows what next season will bring though.

Kevin said...

Let me get this straight Jen... You are an exercise nut, like sports, and drink beer. Lucky Zach!! ;-)