Friday, September 14, 2007

Easy like Friday Mornin

Friday 5.0 miles/45:50/9:10 average pace




Easy run this morning just as the sun was coming up. I made sure to keep the pace very easy, which wasn't hard cause I was sleepy. *yawn* However, as I woke up and my legs loosened up, my pace got a bit faster with every mile. I ran purely by feel so only noticed when reviewing the data after my run. Here's the splits: 9:42, 9:24, 9:07, 8:59, 8:37. There's a symmetry and a pattern in those numbers that pleases me. I was also very pleased by the cool temperature (maybe 60 degrees).


Also:
Thursday BIKE 6.9 miles/31:38/13.1 MPH
Another easy ride, although we had some big headwinds along the way that made it a little tough. It was nice to get out though with Zach - I'm trying to teach him the whole hard/easy principle since he's really "new" to this whole endurance athlete thing in a way... He has been running for a while but was never super excited about it. Now that he's super excited about cycling, and is enjoying the short runs he does by himself a few times a week, he is basically following a hard/hard/hard/hard workout schedule. :D Not good! I think he is in danger of getting an injury if he doesn't ease up a little, so I like to go out with him and slow him down now and then. haha. I'm so nice.
Tomorrow I am doing a 15 mile long run rather than the 13 miles scheduled. Since I am doing the Tri in two weeks and missing that weekend's long run, and since I ran 13 miles last week with no problem (besides, um, falling down) I feel it will be better to do a longer one this weekend. I have made other small tweaks to the program but I am staying very true to the schedule in terms of key workouts, total mileage, etc..

8 comments:

TJ said...

60 degrees!!!
send some of that cool weather down my way!

Michele said...

Nice splits.
TJ can have the weather, I want that speed!!!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

JEN Said: I was also very pleased by the cool temperature (maybe 60 degrees).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wow very nice, still HUMID HOT & THICK here in ummm Sunny FL ...getting a bit old, need some low 80's nowwwwwwwwwwww

Nice workouts!! Have a great weekend

Marathon Maritza said...

I think you will do just fine with that distance this weekend, so go for it!

P.S. I'm LOVING this weather too!

Unknown said...

Ah, what I would do for 60 degrees. Great job with the run and good luck with your 15-miler.

miss petite america said...

i swear to god jen, if i had an ounce of your athleticism....

great workouts, chica.

and seriously, isn't northern california the best place EVER!

Mir said...

I for one would like the weather AND the speed. ;) Actually the weather here in the Midwest has been very good lately.

You've been getting some great runs in lately. A great start to marathon training. Keep up the good work!

jahowie said...

I need someone to control my workouts. I can completely relate to the hard/hard/hard workouts. Good luck on your next tri.