Tuesday, April 18, 2006

(still) Tired Tuesday

Tuesday 4.00 miles/37:16/9:19 average pace

Although I felt ok following Saturday's 21 miler, the soreness was just enough for me to cancel yesterday's recovery run. I think part of it was my excitement over actually having control over my running schedule again. Now that the meat of my training is over and I am officially tapering, I do not have to worry about every single mile being accounted for. I missed this. Don't get me wrong, I love a strict schedule, but this is fun too. Anyway, I ran a little on my way home from work yesterday and confirmed that my legs were still real weak from the long run. So I took it off, then I did 4 miles today and felt pretty tight and sore still. But good sore.

So anyway, here is my tenative, loosey goosey, flexible, if-I-feel-like it schedule for the week:

(subject to change)

Monday: rest
Tuesday: 4
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: 8 easy
Friday: 14 "long"
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 6 GA

total: 32 ish.

I'm doing my long run friday this week because I am traveling and it just works better that way. :)

No comments: