Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happy Friday to me

Tuesday 8.0 miles/1:07:45/8:28 average pace

I am off to San Diego tomorrow, so today is the last day of my work week. :)

This morning's run took me almost the exact same amount of time as yesterday (8 seconds longer), but I ran one mile more. I wasn't planning on running hard, and it didn't feel hard at all.

Here's my splits:

9:27
8:31
8:34
8:37
8:16
8:15
8:07
7:55

When I subtract out that first "warm up" mile, my average pace for the last 7 miles was 8:20. I know that I sped up at the end, but I get the feeling that THIS is more what marathon pace will feel like. When I did my "MP" runs in the past weeks, I was running too fast (more like 8:00-8:15 pace) and it felt really difficult, which discouraged me. But today's miles felt relaxed and comfortable. Not easy, but not really hard. I am hopeful that the marathon will feel like this up until the final miles, which I expect will be miserable. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are pretty dialed-in if a relaxed pace is right where your expected marathon pace is. That's a good sign. Have fun in your race and good luck on that PR.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!

Awesome job on the run today, you are so speedy.