Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wine Country Weekend



Saturday 17.0 miles/2:33:49/9:03 average pace

We had such a good time up in Santa Rosa! The run was really beautiful as you can see from the picture, and it felt great. My GPS was acting up and I had to reset it in the middle of the run, so I can easily provide these numbers:

First 6.5 miles: 59:40 (9:11 average pace)

Last 10.5 miles: 1:34:09 (8:58 average pace)

Other highlights of the trip include:

Delicious dinner at a french restaurant in Santa Rosa's historic Railroad Square






And watching the Sharks win while enjoying a few drinks at the bar at our hotel. Check out the cool yellow Onyx bar (matches my lemon drop martini just beautifully)







To top it off we stopped at the outlet stores on the way home (I got cute Puma running tights and a new purse), and then had lunch in North Beach in SF. It was a great weekend- beautiful weather, a fun run, delicious dinner, Sharks hockey, martinis, shopping... what more could you want. :)


...................................

TOTAL miles for this fantastic week: 50.




1 comment:

Emily said...

I totally stayed at that same Hilton in Sonoma! I remember the bar - we took similar pics. This was after my friends and I complained about the kids at the pool splashing all over us and they comped our entire dinner there, including drinks!