Sunday, November 12, 2006

Spokantastic!



Friday 5.0 miles/45:45/9:09 average pace

Friday morning I ran along the riverfront trail over the Spokane Falls, and by a really cool running sculpture called "The Joy of Running Together."





The whole week was pretty freaking chilly, with the highest temp around 40, and plenty of mornings below freezing. Luckily my Friday and Saturday runs were dry, although it was really windy Saturday.



Saturday 20.0 miles/3:02:42/9:08 average pace

This was by far the highlight of the trip. My dad rode his bike and together we ran along the Centennial Trail east of Spokane. He took a bunch of pictures which I can post later, but I can tell you it was gorgeous. The trail was partially along the river, sometimes in a wooded area, and it even passed through a cute little town and through the countryside. It was great. :) The run felt fantastic- it really helped to have my dad there with me!


TOTAL miles for week 9: 50

I was actually scheduled to run only 49 miles this week (4 on Friday, I did 5). But I thought the mental boost of hitting 50 miles one more time was worth it. I'm feeling really good!

No comments: