Sunday, November 12, 2006

Pfitz Week 10

This is the first week of the taper, although Pfitz doesn't really define it like that. This is techinically still part of the "race preparation" mesocycle, and taper starts next week. But it's less mileage, and I have to start mentally preparing for the race. So pretty much taper.

Monday: 8 miles (VO2 intervals: 5 x 600 meters @ 5k pace)
Tuesday: 5 miles Easy
Wednesday: off
Thursday: 4 miles Easy + Strides
Friday: 10 miles Goal Marathon Pace
Saturday: 16 miles Medium Long
Sunday: off

TOTAL miles scheduled: 43


I am making the same adjustment for Friday's run as I did 2 weeks ago. It calls for a tune up race, but there are none near me and I don't want to do the "time trial" thing. I think I could use a nice Goal Pace run, so that's what I'll do.

Furthermore, I think I am going to switch Monday and Tuesday around. I'm pretty beat from my trip to Washington and I don't want to do intervals in the morning! So I will do 5 easy tomorrow and the interval workout on Tuesday.

No comments: