Thursday, December 14, 2006

Dear Winner

After having waaaay too much fun at Zach's office holiday party last night, I got a surprise when I checked the mail- a big honkin' medal for my 3rd place AG win at the Thanksgiving Day 5k! With a lovely letter to me, Winner. :D

I am so excited! It's funny because I never think to stick around for the awards ceremony at races. First of all I know there's a very very tiny chance I would place, and secondly, it's usually a while after the race and I get sick of waiting around. One time at a really small race I waited for like an hour, then got bored and left. Turns out I didn't place anyway -in fact, I came in 5th out of 6 in my AG! haha. The one time I DID wait and DID place, at the Avenue of the Giants marathon, they decided there was a problem with the results and they didn't give out any awards. I got my medal in the mail several months later.

Anyway, I do plan on holding a full blown medal ceremony at home tonight. I've got a podium I built that I use for these things. Then I will place the award in my trophy case and wait for a call from the president. :) Just kidding.

3 comments:

Bart said...

Congratulation, Winner!

I came across your blog from the Running Times Marathon Forum and have been enjoying it for a couple of weeks.

We have a bit in common. I also live in the Bay Area and was in San Diego for Thanksgiving. I considered running the 5K, but knee pain kept me in bed, which I didn't mind at all.

Congrats again on the hardware.

Bart

Michele said...

Congrats on the hardware!!

Around here you have to mail in $5 to get your medal mailed to you if you don't stick around.

TJ said...

congratulations on a great race!