Monday, December 11, 2006

On the road again

Monday 3.0 miles/30:25/10:09 average pace

It felt so good to run again after a week off. Well it felt good mentally, but not so great physically. Everything was perfect except my right knee, which is still pretty sore. The pain is sort of a tightness, and it's on the back of my knee. It kept tightening up after a few minutes, so I walked in spurts until it relaxed, then ran again. Toward the end of the run I was walking more and more. As soon as I stopped at the end, and walked up to my apartment, my leg felt fine. The stairs didn't even hurt. Weird!

I'm not worried about it, it's obviously a lingering soreness from the marathon. I will probably try running again Thursday, but I'm not hung up on it. This week is for recovery again, and if that means no running than I won't run. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are probably right, it sounds just recovery pain. Keep it nice and easy and I'm sure you will be ready to go soon enough.