Saturday, December 16, 2006

gym-a-palooza!

I went to the giant 24 hour fitness "super sport" today with Zach and HOLY mother of gyms!! This place is huge. There are expansive cardio and weights areas, two group fitness rooms, a pool, two basketball courts, a Jamba Juice, a child care facility, an outdoor hot tub, and huge locker rooms. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours!

We warmed up on the bike for about 5 minutes, then did an upper-body weights session (I just did what Zach usually does... and I will pay for it I'm sure!). It felt great to lift real weights, I haven't done that forever. Then we did a 5 minute cool down on these fancy new eliptical machines. Finally, we went and played basketball for about 15 minutes, just shooting around and then 1-on-1. That was pretty funny because while I'm a decent shot, I know nothing of the rules of basketball. I actually asked if it was illegal to kick the ball. :D Turns out it is. Despite my lack of skill/knowlege, we tied. ;) Finally, we sat the steam room for a while, then went out to the hot tub. It was very fun.

I did not run today, but my leg feels ok. I actually don't plan on running until next wednesday, since I will be in Phoenix for work Monday and Tuesday. That will be good for me knee I'm sure!

So, TOTAL miles for this second week post-thon: 5 (how cute!)

Off to my office holiday party... weeee! I'm feeling very jolly. Happy Holidays!! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like my kind of workout, a little bit of everything. Great job! Hope you enjoy yourself in our fair city this week.