Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Still recovering

Wednesday 3.0 miles/26:13/8:45 average pace

Well, the first two miles of this morning's run felt great. I actually got really exctied that my knee was 100% better and I thought of titling this post "Clean Slate" or something like that... but that last mile caused me some pain and reminded me I am not near 100% yet. :(

I am thinking positive and really trying to not stress out. I mean it's only 2 1/2 weeks since my marathon, and they say it takes one day of recovery for every mile raced. Also, I told myself that I wanted to take it really easy for a few weeks after the race. A few = 3-4 weeks, not 2 weeks. Anyway, I"m hopeful that my knee will continue to improve as long as I don't push it. I will keep the running very limited to 2-3 miles each time, and only every other day at most. I still have several weeks before I"m supposed to start training for Boston, so there is no rush.

Uggggh. I wish my knee didn't hurt. :( I really miss running and I feel like such a lazy ass. I hope it gets better soon. I've got this sick feeling of what if it doesn't, and I can't train for Boston. I know that is a pretty extreme take on my 2-weeks post marathon knee soreness, but it's the truth. Poo!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will be fine - you ran a solid marathon and really put your all into it so you should give yourself some time to recover and not worry. Just don't over do it - 2-3 miles at a time sounds like a great plan. :-)

Unknown said...

You probably should be thanking your knee for forcing you to take it easy. That's the best preparation you can do for Boston at this point. Don't worry, you have plenty of time for those 20-milers and intervals in January and February. If nothing else, this gives you a perfect excuse to sit back and enjoy the holidays. Above all else, have fun!

jen said...

Thanks so much guys. :)

I agree that a nice break is good for me right now, knee-wise and otherwise. thank you!!