Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter! & Week 2 Review



Working backwards...
Saturday 12.0 miles/1:42:40/8:32 average pace
Zach and I ran this entire run together, and more power to him, because I was IN THE GROOVE. I always run my very best this last long run before the marathon. I'm in the best shape I've been in in months, I'm relatively well rested, I'm pumped up, and I'm fast. Zach kept up until the last mile, which I laid down in 7:43. And the route was the hilliest one I run. Besides the huge hills and the last mile, I was very consistent especially the last half- right on my marathon pace. :)
splits:
8:53
8:36
8:37
8:30
8:51 (hill!)
9:08 (vicious hill)
8:24
8:23
8:23
8:25
8:23
7:43
Fabulous!
My left leg was pretty sore the rest of the day though, so I am going to take it very easy this coming week. That's what this week is for- complete recovery. I know I'm not getting any faster at this point, so resting is the best thing I can do. I don't know what's up with my leg, it's very off and on, so I'll just err on the side of caution.
Friday I swam before work 15 laps = 750 m in about 22 minutes. Fun. :)
Also, let's not forget another great run:
Thursday 8.0 miles/1:08:54/8:37 average pace
This run felt great too. The distance was short (I'd been doing 10-11 miles on Thursdays) so I had tons of energy throughout. I ran 7:51 for the last mile.
Then I lifted weights with Zach at the gym- biceps and back, plus abs. I will probably skip lifting altogether next week, so this was a great "last lift" before Boston. :)
I might do the math later, but this week may have been my FASTEST in terms of average pace for the entire week. Every one of my four runs contained at least one sub-8 minute mile. My average pace was sub 9 for all runs. In fact, I probably only ran a couple of 9:00+ miles all week. My confidence is high and I am READY for Boston.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TOTAL miles for this fine, fine week: 32
PLUS: 2x swimming for a total of 1500 meters.
2x weight lifting
Happy Easter!

6 comments:

Arcane said...

Looking great! You'll do awesome in Boston!

Michele said...

Super! You are going to rock in Boston.
Enjoy the recovery time.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Jen said: I'm in the best shape I've been in in months, I'm relatively well rested, I'm pumped up, and I'm fast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AMEN :-)

Unknown said...

That is a great long run! I think you as ready as you can be for Boston. You are going to smoke that race!

Marathon Maritza said...

Go, Jen, Go!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in Boston! And in showing the husband who is boss in running...lol