Thursday, April 12, 2007

??? Marathon Monday Weather ???

This is so exciting. We've all heard how the weather in New England is totally unpredictable...

I received this email notice on Wednesday:

Wednesday, April 11 - As the Boston Athletic Association continues to make preparations for Monday's Boston Marathon, we are monitoring the upcoming weather conditions forecast for this area. Based on the National Weather Service's most recent report and in cooperation with the Executive Office of Public Safety (Commonwealth of Massachusetts) and the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency, together with the eight cities and towns along the 26.2-mile marathon route, we are planning for likely heavy rain and windy conditions on race day. However, all race day plans remain the same. The Boston Athletic Association advises participants in Monday's race to plan accordingly for their run, bringing with them gear and apparel to suit the conditions. The B.A.A. will continue to update its web site as necessary.


The various websites I've been checking all showed something like a Perfect Storm including huge winds and rain and/or snow. !!!!!

Then today,

"Worst of Weekend Storm Could Come Before Marathon"


It's going to be a marathon to remember no matter what!! Since I'm not going for a PR or anything, I'm not too worried. I'll do my best to stay dry and warm, and nothing can stop me from having fun. This is just crazy, the weather forecast is all over the place. Stay tuned!!!


edit to add: My BIB # is 14944. I'll figure out how the athlete-tracker thing works and post some info about it asap. :)

4 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

HELLO this is the BIB NUMBER COLLECTOR ...Please provide your # to me ASAP :-)

LOL yes does sound exciting add a little more Drama to a very exciting day!! -- YEAH...Keeps the BLOOD Pumping the unknown, I love it!!

OK BIB # pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lance Notstrong said...

Sounds like an epic day. Good luck :-)

Arcane said...

Hopefully the weather will get better. Just be glad that there will be 10000 other people in the same boat as you come Monday.

Michele said...

Good luck. I hope the forecast improves.