Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Tempo 222222222222sday

Tuesday 8.0 miles/1:05:20/8:10 average pace

(the title is a shout out to my Mileage Game Team on the Running Times/Runango Forums: Team 222222222222)

What a fantastic run. I did the exact same workout last Tuesday, but I felt a thousand times better this week.

2 miles warm up:
9:03
8:33

4 miles Tempo Pace:
7:37
7:40
7:38
7:32

2 miles cool down:
8:48
8:26

Immediately after the run, Zach and I headed up to the gym to lift weights. We did chest and shoulders, plus core. *flexes*

This morning I got up and went to the pool and had a great swim. It was NOT busy at all, so I did not have to share a lane. At times, I was hardly sharing the pool! It was sweet. I did 15 laps = 750m in 20 minutes! I actually focused on swimming 5 laps = 250m without stopping, then resting between sets. It went pretty well! I felt really strong and focused on reaching forward and "winding up" as the Total Immersion book says, then pulling slow and steady back. I was consistently taking about 18 strokes per length. I went hard the last lap but did not time myself. Then I sat outside in the hot tub for a few minutes and thought about how unfair it is that I have to work today. :D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The Total Immersion will definitely improve your swimming if you stick with the drills. I saw big improvements, I can still only do some of them. I'm rereading it now.

Great job on the run, swim and weights!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Miss 111 you are a Machine! Great Job and great feelin knowing you are doing everything you can do GOING into the BOSTON event fully prepared...very Sweet Jen :-)

Arcane said...

Nice job on the tempo. You're making quite a bit of progress. At this time last year, I was doing my tempos at that pace so you've got bigger and faster things ahead!

Ryan said...

Impressive cross-training! I need some swimming tips. Bring on Boston!