Friday, April 27, 2007

Last of the Boston stuff: Video, Photo, and Audio

VIDEO


http://wbz.com/pages/350895.php

Just came across this web page - a local Boston news station - and I found the video of me running across the finish line last week!

At the bottom, select WAVE 2 and type in a time of 4:10:18 (my finish time + 15 minutes, since that's how long it took me to cross the starting line). I'll be running right down the middle about 20 seconds into the video, and cross the finish line at 27 seconds into the video. I'm in a white tank top, white visor, and shorts - see a still shot here:


PHOTO


http://www.marathonfoto.com/

Select Boston Marathon 2007, last name Barnes, Bib # 14944. There's a few good shots there!


AUDIO


Also, during the race I came across Steve Walker, who in case you don't know, has a running podcast called Phedippidations that I listen to all the time. We ran together and chatted for a couple of minutes. He records the show while running, including during this race, and our whole conversation is on the Episode 93: 111th Boston Marathon Podcast! I make my appearance about 25 or 30 minutes into the 60 minute show, but the entire episode is worth listening to. He's a really nice guy! I haven't listened to the latest episode yet, Episode 94: More Memories of Boston, but Maritza heard it and said that he reads my race report! So check that out too if you want.

http://www.steverunner.com/

On the left hand side, there's a "Podcast Archive" link where you can download episode 93, and episode 94 can be found right on the home page. I usually just download the shows from iTunes. They are free. :)

It's amazing the technology we have today. I love that I can share actual video and audio clips of me during the race! The photos are great, but this stuff is just cool.


In other news, I swam this morning. I did 20 laps = 1000 meters in just over 25 minutes again! Maybe about 27 minutes but still very good. I realized I don't need to rest as much as I was, so the time difference is just the lack of rest. I'm swimming the same speed as before. It was a fun swim and I can't wait to go this weekend with Zach.

Also, we are getting BIKES this weekend! I'm just going with an inexpensive (ha!) hybrid bike, and Zach's getting one too, so we'll be able to cruise all around together. I'll also use it to commute to work. Sweet! I'll post a picture for sure. It's going to be in the 80s this weekend, so I'm sure we'll be on them all weekend (especially since I'm not running yet). Have a great weekend all!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh oh. First it was running, then you caught the swimming bug. Now it's bikes...hummm....

Very cool getting to see yourself at Boston like that. Great job!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

oops I had to edit...

LOL ahhh that video clip was great... u had some good speed at the end, re winded it and tracked u in with ur white shirt sleeve flapping:-)

You are right pretty cool technology nowadays...whew at least u didn't PLOW over some OLD dude, that would have been all over the news--haha

Thanks for sharing

Arcane said...

Hey that video's cool! I'm listening to the podcast now. Thx for sharing!

Emily said...

I bought a bike this wknd too, today in fact. Bought it in Portland to save some sales tax and got up to Seattle at around 10:30pm. Too late to give it a test run, but will do so this week. Congrats!

Kevin said...

Jen.. THERE YOU ARE in that video!! How cool! And the pictures are great too. I Love 38847172. Not sure I've seen a smile so BIG on a marathoner before!

Lance Notstrong said...

Very cool. I wish more events did that sort of thing!!!

Mir said...

I can't get the video working here at work, but I'll try at home. That is seriously amazing that it's possible. Nice pics, too. I'm so jealous of all you photogenic runners. :) I will definitely have to give the podcast a listen as well. Thanks for all the links!

Gotta Run..... said...

I always throw my hands up when I cross the finish line and everytime my husband makes fun of me. :) Great photos.

Ryan said...

You're a rock star! Thanks for the video link. I found myself, too! I'm going to listen to the podcase.

Phil said...

Jen ... thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your comments. Unfortunately, I completely missed your Boston Marathon experience, but really enjoyed reading everything this evening. Your pictures were great and where did you find all those legends of our sport? That's really cool.