Friday 6.0 miles/54:00/9:00 average pace
It was nice and cool this morning, and I actually got to run in the light of pre-dawn rather than the pitch black! Sure, it's because I slept in and ended up being late for work, but it's Friday so it's allright.
I am feeling less run-down the last couple of days, and my quads are feeling better. However, I have a few minor surface-type issues happening and they are all on/around my right foot. Just for fun, I will list them!
1. chaffing on the top of my foot from crappy socks. ran with band-aid today.
2. blister/loose-skin thing on the bottom of my foot near the crook of my big toe, which I stupidly pulled the skin off (it was kinda hanging there) and now it hurts. nothing I can do except leave it alone.
3. top of my foot is sore, possibly from too-tight laces? ran with shoe practically untied today.
4. outside of right ankle kinda sore. random. will ice later.
5. inside of right shin a little sore. will ice later. this is a pretty common overuse injury for me so I will start icing it religiously. I'll start using the super effective "ice bucket" method (like an ice bath, but a bucket, and only for lower legs and feet. not as uncomfortable as an ice bath and way more effective than ice pack)
6. both calves are tight. will foam-roll tonight and daily from now on.
Poor lower right extremity. :(
Luckily I'm feeling strong and healthy otherwise and am ready for my 20 miler tomorrow. I'm a warrior runner, I can deal with this stuff. :)