Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend Recap

Saturday 3.85 miles/35:00/9:06 average pace

Great run, felt easy and my legs felt great.

Sunday 10.00 miles/1:36:05/9:37 average pace

We ran a new trail which turned out to be SO beautiful!! This is my new favorite run. Can't wait to go again. :) There is a good climb in the last mile before the turn around, so it's a tough run. But I felt good yesterday and had a great run.

TOTAL for the week: 30.35 miles

Yay! Third 30+ week in a row.

After the run yesterday my left achilles tightened up and was tight and sore all day. Slight improvement this morning, and walking really loosened it up and didn't hurt at all. Weird! I'm going to pay close attention to it this week because I want to be in ship-shape for the race this weekend!!

Plan for this week:

Taper!!

Monday: rest (Strength Training)
Tuesday: 3-4 miles easy (OR cross training!)
Wednesday: 6 miles group
Thursday: rest (Strength Training)
Friday: 3-4 miles easy
Saturday: rest
Sunday: HALF MARATHON

total: doesn't really matter!