Thursday, March 30, 2006

No thanks!

Wednesday 6.00 miles/55:15/9:13 average pace

I was scheduled for 8 miles w/ 4 at LT pace, but I decided against it. I either had or imagained a slight knee twinge, which is spooky territory for me (previously injured that knee). So I used my "no thanks" pass on that one. Did 6 miles easy/GA. Knee definitely feels 100% fine today, but better safe than sorry, so no biggie. I might do 6 on Friday (instead of 4) to make up the mileage, but it's not that important.


So an interesting thing: every one of my runs for a while have been at pretty much the same pace. Is this good? Bad? Not sure. I'm sure it's not bad, I understand that I'm doing minimal speed/pace work. But am I not running my recovery runs slow enough? And does this 9:00-9:15 pace say anything about my ability to run the marathon at any given pace? I need to ask around. It's interesting for sure! I mean, look at this:

saturday 17 miles 9:14 average pace
monday 8 miles 9:06 average pace
tuesday 4 miles 8:58 average pace
wednesday 6 miles 9:13 average pace

And that's just my last 4 runs. It seems no matter the distance, I'm running 9:00 pace. Weird.

No comments: