Saturday, February 14, 2009

sweetie gonzales

Happy Valentine's Day!

I am sitting here drinking wine, nibbling some brie cheese, and playing around online while Zach creates some kind of delicious chocolate dessert... I am forbidden from entering the kitchen so I don't know what he's working on exactly. All I know is I'm going to devour it immediately after dinner. Or, you know, before. Whichever.

Zach and I had an amazing run in Forest Park today. We were just talking about it and he called me Speedy Gonzales, and I thought he said Sweetie Gonzales, hence the title. Sorry if that is offensive? No I'm not, lighten up. Dude is fast.


And so am I.

Saturday: run
11.0 miles/1:26:28/7:51 average pace
Here's the splits. Keep in mind the main trail in FP climbs for about a mile or two, then more or less evens out. But it's a little rolly the whole way. We stopped a few times between miles 4-6 or so to rest, enjoy the view, and make out (kidding). I didn't use my GPS since I can't keep a signal up there and the trail is marked accurately.

1- 8:34
2- 8:10
3- 7:52
4- 8:08 (average, missed the 4th mile marker)
5- 8:08 (average)
6- 8:00 (turned around at 5 1/2)
7- 7:34
8- 8:07
9- 7:37
10- 7:35
11- 6:28

That last mile is a screaming downhill, but still. I'm sure that is the fastest I've ever run a single mile, and it was after running 10 hilly miles.

Happy Valentine's Day, my loves!!

18 comments:

kristen said...

Damn girl. Impressive as hell! I am envious!

KK said...

Ha ha ha, I love it. Nice splits, hope the dessert was equallly as awesome as the run. Seriously, you are FAST!

Aron said...

WOW amaaaaaazing :) way to rock that run!!

Petraruns said...

Wow - post a photo of the desert. Great run Jen - you two are both so speedy. Lovely Valentine's day as well...

Ewen said...

Thanks love. Happy Valentine's Day to both of you too. Well, maybe not Zach.

Great run, and a seriously speedy second half. I bet that last mile was as blurred as that photo over there >>>>>>

Emily said...

Uh HELLO! Dude, are you serious? Seriously. Are you serious? Nice work - I am blown away! When can you give me some of that mojo? Please? I have lost any that I ever owned.

Sarah said...

You are speedy and I'm sure a sweetie :) I love brie. Yum.

rolf said...

Those are some fast times. You guys rocked that run!

Anonymous said...

Hope the chocolate dessert was delicious! You guys were speedy.

Beth said...

Ok, between your crazy fast running and your swimming you are going to kick some butt in your races this year!

Gotta Run..... said...

one word.... Malbec Wine.... it is yummy!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow!! I'm sure you could run a standalone mile time trial even faster. Nice 10-miler!

Natalie D said...

holy crap - that's a fast run!! way to go!! thanks for your comments - you should comment on the baby blog, don't feel silly! I love comments! Hope that you had a good dinner!

Anonymous said...

speeeeeedy is right!!!!!! and I think make-out breaks are mandatory on V-day runs! haha

Amy said...

Congrats on such an awesome run (and Valentine's Day)! I hope the dessert was yummy!!!! Sounds like you guys had a great day together...so fun.

PS- you ARE fast!!!!!!

Alisa said...

Holy hell...6:28 damn!

Way to go speedy G!

Kim said...

HOLY HELL SWEETIE GONZALES FOR SURE!! awesome awesome run jen!! happy vday to you and zach - the cake looks amazing.

Marathon Maritza said...

I would congratulate you on your ridiculously fast run, but I am completely offended. The Latino community is tired of being marginalized in this manner and worst of all, of being portrayed as a rodent. How dare you?




LOL ;) You're hella fast!