Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Swimbikerun and Interview!

No, not a job interview... a blogger interview! :) We'll get to that. But first, some training updates. I'm hitting all my workouts so far and feeling very good about it. Plus it's all sunny and warm and spring-like. Can't beat that.

Monday: run
7.0 miles/1:02:40/8:57 average pace
Easy run along the waterfront

Tuesday am: bike
15.5 miles/1:00:30/15.4 MPH
Sunny Springwater Corridor

Tuesday pm: swim
1500 yards/34:00
Solo swim in the afternoon. I had plans that would have kept me from Masters class this evening, so I went earlier. Plans fell through though so here I am blogging and drinking wine. :)

Ok so here's the interview portion of the program. Kelly had this on her blog and so now she's interviewing me. Here's my answers! If you want to play, follow the directions at the bottom.

1. What's your biggest accomplishment so far?

I'm proud of a lot of things, so I'll just pick one. I would say my 10+ year relationship with Zach is a big accomplishment. It hasn't always been easy and I've really learned a lot through our bad times and good times. I've learned to be respectful, patient, and to communicate without being a bitch. As we grow up and go through big changes in our lives we've only become closer and are happier than ever. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

2. What would you take to a deserted island (besides the hubby, he'd be there too).

To be annoying literal, I would take a fully-stocked survival kit including means of communication. And then I'd get rescued. And then I'd go to an island with proper resort accommodations.

3. Do you have any tattoos? If so, of what? If not, what would you get?

No, I don't have any. I think about it a lot though and would definitely get some kind of a bird. I had a really vivid dream once about a peacock tattoo and have always remembered it. Big colorful tail feathers and all that. I doubt I'll ever do it though. There's the whole Ironman tattoo thing... I wouldn't get the traditional Mdot but maybe something to commemorate it.

4. If you had to do it all over again would you do it the same? What would you change? (year, few years, after college life, you name it) (*I hope this one makes sense, it does in my mind :D)

I've made a lot of bad decisions in my life, but I try not to dwell on it. My first thought when I read this question though is that I would have been more respectful to my parents growing up. They loved and supported me and tried to protect me and I treated them like shit. I know a lot of teens are like that but that doesn't make it ok. We have a great relationship now and they are still wonderful parents, and I hope I'm finally a decent daughter. I am truly sorry I put them through that. Unfortunately, I know I'm going to pay when I have kids! Just like my mom always said I would... haha.

5. When are you guys going to have kids? Are you planning on it, I guess would be a better question. (I'm so nosy!)

Ya, we're planning on it. I always figured it would be when I'm around 30, but that's coming up awfully fast. We'll see. I do love me some babies. :)


Well that was surprisingly revealing! Anyone want to be interviewed next? Here's the rules:

To play along:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


Have a great week everyone!

19 comments:

kristen said...

Ms. Jenn - according to your answers, you and I are scarily alike, and not only that -- we are both coincidentally drinking wine and blogging..ok, it's not really a coincidence when I do it so often, but who cares. Happy drinking.

KK said...

fun! I was all excited when I saw your title thinking you had a job interview but this turned out to be just as exciting. I totally feel you about the treating your parents badly as a teen. You can't change the past but you can shape the future.

I like your biggest accomplishment. I was thinking "2 time Boston Veteran" before I read your answer and then felt stupid when you mentioned something much more meaningful and deeper.

Funny comment about your trashy daytime tv on my sister's blog too. LOL!

SavvyFitChica said...

Hey Jen, I understand what you mean about being mean to your parents... I said some pretty mean things to family members when I was a bitchy teen and although I'm sure they've moved on, I still think about it once in a while and realize how ignorant I was.

I'm seeing this everywhere so yes, please interview me! Although your questions were tough! I'll see if I can come up with good answers like you.

Kelly said...

Good answers! That was fun! I know what you mean when your "We're waiting for a few years/till I'm 30 to have kids" passes really quickly! We've been married 2+ and everyone (I work with all women) is hounding me!

Amy said...

I can't decide but I loved your post.

Way to get some good workouts in. Also, congrats to you and Zach for 10+ years. :)

PS - Regis and Kelly is my ALL TIME FAV. And I also love True Life (I watched one tonight on the trainer...."I'm in a Love Triangle" - skip it) :)

Aron said...

interview me!!! :)

awesome interview... i love all your answers! great job on your workouts this week!!

Donald said...

I liked your interview! The important thing is that you have a good relationship with your parents now. They'll probably forgive the teenage stupidity.

miss petite america said...

great post!!!!!

Sarah said...

I loved this! Very fun - and I think that your relationship is an AWESOME accomplishment :) And, I'll say - Interview Me (please). I'm sure I'll need a topic in the near future!

ShirleyPerly said...

Man, I could so relate with you on #1, 3 and 4 (except I don't really have a great relationship with my mom, though it's better than it was when I was growing up). I think you are very brave to do this interview not knowing what the questions might be!

Glad to hear the weather has been warmer where you are!

RunToTheFinish said...

"And then I'd go to an island with proper resort accommodations." oh I love that!!

Ok glad to hear you say you gained weight training cause everyone acted like I was a nut ball, but i've soo had it happen before!

Amy - the gazelle said...

I am so jealous that you're getting to enjoy the beautiful weather that I can only see through my office window!

And interview me, please!

Emily said...

This is so funny! I was reading a Vanity Fair interview before bed last night thinking "why doesn't anyone every ask ME these questions?!" Who cares about Dustin Hoffman FGS?

Yes, send me an interview! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Great interview. I love your answer to #2! Nice job with the workouts too.

Gotta Run..... said...

My master's swim class that I was to begin fell through. Real bummer!!! Need to get in the POOL!!!


No job finds? Scott his still beating his head on the reach everyday.

Marathon Maritza said...

My eyes got all like this thinking about you having babies:

** **
l
V


Interview me, although is that fun? I feel like you know everything already.

Ewen said...

Awwww. Sweet interview.

Maybe save the babies until after you get the IM tatt :)

Alisa said...

I would totally love to be interviewed however, I have been a bad blogger lately. I'm so behind. Guess it's my 15 hour work days ugh.

Good job with the swims, runs and bikes. Last week I was cruising along, this week not so much!

Petraruns said...

Really revealing stuff Jen - great stuff. You've blogged before on how you were a challenging teenager - you've obviously given it all a lot of thought and I'm sure your parents can see that. I am really impressed by your comments about your relationship - that is truly something you can both be proud of because it is not easy.

You're inspiring! ANd Aron has sent me some questions so I'm up now!