Thursday, July 13, 2006

More running on Wednesday

Wednesday 8.0 miles/1:14:12/9:17 average pace

Wonderful group run with my 2 favorite runners (and a bunch of people I don't know, but god bless 'em!).

I thought a lot about stuff yesterday and today, and I think I'm going to be allright. I think I am just not going to do any more marathons or big races this year, and just run. I think it's pretty liberating, actually, to not have a goal. I think it is going to be great. When I look at the big picture, I see that I am still a new runner, really. And I did 2 marathons pretty early in my running career, and I know there will be plenty more. But right now what I need is just to run and discover more about myself as a runner. And I don't need to do that in races, I need to do it every day. So, that's my new thing. Kind of a one-with-the-world, thank God for blessing me with this running thing. Now let's just run.

No comments: