Thursday, November 08, 2007

Feelin' good at goal pace

Thursday 10.0 miles/1:25:21/8:32 average pace

This morning I wasn't nearly as grumpy and was actually kind of looking forward to my run- what a difference from earlier this week/last week. I did sleep in a little though since Zach decided to skip his run due to a headache- he's worked hard this week so probably a good decision. So I hit the trail (yay soft dirt trail) solo in the light (yay time change!). I started off at an easy pace and ran the first 5 miles at an average pace of 8:59. Then I picked it up a bit on the way back and averaged 8:06 for the last 5 miles. My very last mile was 7:50 but the others were all like 8:09-8:15 and felt pretty comfortable. I think if I am feeling great on race day I will be able to maintain that pace for a long time.

I did notice my breathing felt a little bit heavy even though my body felt light and the pace wasn't hard- which I think means I could have used a puff on the inhaler. I haven't been using it too much but I'll definitely be using it on race day. I've only used it on races and a few tempo runs, so I will use it on my 20 miler this weekend to make sure it's not a problem for a long run. Don't see why it would be though.

So glad to have my mojo back! I appreciate all the nice comments from everyone. :)

Oh ya, yesterday on my rest day I got to the pool and did 1000 m and that was very fun and not too hard. Then of course I soaked in the hot tub- ahhh.

Another big motivator has been hearing about and reading about Maritza's awesome run in New York City. Check out the epic race report on her blog. :)

5 comments:

Paul said...

Sounds like the running is going well. Almost there!!

Zach said...

Nice work this morning - sorry I couldn't join you but the sleeping in helped and I felt great when I got up.

With my new schedule we'll be able to do longer runs together in the morning which I am really looking forward to (assuming you will wait for me since I won't be quite as fast as you on the longer runs).

Mir said...

Yay, great workout! You are going to rock this marathon. :)

Gotta Run..... said...

Sounds like you are just moving forward.

Nice soak in a hot tub is always a treat!!! Keep it up!!

Unknown said...

Yay to mojo! Nice job with the running this week.