Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Penultimate Pre-Race run!

Wednesday 5.0 miles/46:44/9:21 average pace

Nothing exciting to report today but I had to post so I could use the word penultimate. Ain't I fancy!

Legs were a little stiff and sore but nothing specific or bad. I am not too surprised since this is the first time I've run two days in a row since... (checking log) November 12 and 13th. I think all the rest has been worth it though- I'm a lot better off than I was when this injury first popped up. It's hard to call it an injury cause it's so dang vague... it is not like my knee thing last year which was VERY specific. It's basically my shins and calves on both legs, but more so my left leg. Lame. It's a lame, nameless injury. But I know I can make it through the marathon and then I will rest until the lame, nameless injury is no more! :) Oh man am I looking forward to that break. I've got big plans, as usual (you all know what I mean) like swimming more, lifting weights, etc. But now I need to focus on the present. I've got a marathon to run! Bring it on!!!

12 comments:

Zach said...

Sounds like you are back in the "I'm going to kick ass" frame of mind :)

Can't wait to cheer you on this weekend!

Anonymous said...

"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

I know you'll have a great Marathon. I'll be thinking of you from snowy Montana. Dragonfly on the Water...

miss petite america said...

an old client of mine loved to use the word penultimate...he'd say, "in the penultimate sentence of the third paragraph,change the comma to a semi-colon.

you certainly are gonna kick ass this weekend!!! what's your bib number? can we track you?

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

But now I need to focus on the present.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amen to that...ZERO IN!! It's GAME TIME!! You are Strong & Ready!

Ewen said...

My penultimate comment before your marathon - I hope it's your ultimate one so far.

Anonymous said...

Good luck this weekend.

Debbie said...

Good Luck on your marathon!! You are going to do so well!!
Can't wait to hear about it!

ShirleyPerly said...

Best of luck!! I'm running Vegas the same day. I'm considering using Pfitz next year to get back into better running shape. Look forward to hearing how your race goes!

21stCenturyMom said...

I can't believe it's here! Good luck on Sunday! The course will be littered with FoMo folks.

Paul said...

Good luck!! I'll be watching for those results! :)

Lance Notstrong said...

Good look at the marathon, you'll rock it!!!

Mir said...

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!!