Friday, November 30, 2007

Final Training Run and Marathon Goals

Friday 4.25 miles/37:49/8:54 average pace



My last run before the marathon was perfect. My parents have been staying with me and this morning my dad rode his bike along with me on my usual Iron Horse Trail run. It was very fun, we always have a good time together and he's very encouraging! My legs felt really good- definitely the best they have felt in a while. I wasn't even really sore at the beginning of the run like I have been (maybe just a 1 on a scale of 1-10). I had plenty of energy and the run felt easy. I know it was short, but still a confidence-booster. :) I iced my shins for a while and we watched that PBS Nova "Marathon Challenge" program (I had recorded it for my folks to watch) which was really motivating. It made me remember that running is more than the numbers on the clock, but a way of life. I would run if I never did another race or never got another PR. It's my favorite thing in the world and it's who I am. Somehow this fact had gotten away from me, and I'm very grateful that I was reminded before what I'm sure will be a very difficult 26.2 mile race.



So, here are my goals for the California International Marathon!



A goal: 3:35



B goal: PR (sub 3:39:22)



C goal: BQ (sub 3:40:59)



Most importantly, my goal is to do my best, give it my all, and have fun!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck - I hope you achieve all of your goals.

Marathon Maritza said...

Good luck Jen!!! I know you will do great and I'm so glad you are remembering that this is about having a great time, which you will!!

Say hi to some cows for me!

GO JEN GO!

*herky*

*scissors kick*

*jazz hands*

Michele said...

Good luck this weekend.
You will do great. Your training has been strong. Goal A is YOURS!!!!

Arcane said...

Good luck on Sunday!

Ewen said...

All the best Jen. I'm sure the 'A' is well within reach. Give it your all when the race starts at 32k :)

TJ said...

Good Luck Jen!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Have a Great Race JEN... You are READY!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Great goals. Rock 'n Roll!!

miss petite america said...

well?!

well?!

how'd it go!?!?!?!