Friday, November 09, 2007

Ryan Shay Tribute Run

I've been reading about this on several blogs the last couple days, and I think it's a great idea so I'm passing it along:



Join the Complete Running Network and dedicate your own 5.5 mile run next Saturday, November 17th in memory of Ryan. Run the exact distance, or dedicate a 5.5 mile portion of a longer run in his memory.

Click here for a very touching article on Ryan's sudden death at the Olympic Trials last weekend and the effect it has had on his family, his hometown, the running community, and beyond.

3 comments:

TJ said...

very sad...
will do the 5.5.

Gotta Run..... said...

Run for Ryan is a wonderful idea. I am in!!!

So sad and so young!!!

peter said...

Tragic circumstance. My next 5.5 run will be for Shay. He was a true champion.