Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A spring in my step

Tuesday 7.0 miles/59:06/8:27 average pace


Felt pretty good this morning! My leg was a little stiff at first but warmed up even quicker than last time. Once I was running I actually felt strong! I admit I was working kinda hard- but maybe that's how hard I normally work and I just forgot how it feels since I haven't run very much lately. Haha. But I did feel good! I was going at a steady pace and had plenty of energy to get me through my miles. It certainly wasn't one of those awesome runs, but by far the best one I've had in a while. I think I've got just enough time left to work out the last of the kinks and get my mojo back before Sunday! :) I'm feeling positive about my race and am really looking forward to getting out there and running my butt off.

Here's my splits- I'm sharing them because I have reclaimed my title of the Queen of the Negative Split!


8:58

8:38

8:25

8:21

8:17

8:15

8:11


Whoo hoo!


Zach and I are heading down to the south bay after work to celebrate my brother's birthday. My mom, dad, and uncle are in town so this is going to be a rare get together of all my wonderful family!! :) This is what the holidays are all about. Oh speaking of holidays, my apartment is all decorated and is officially a Christmas wonderland! I love this time of year.



4 comments:

Quinto Sol said...

I love runs that end in negative splits...

miss petite america said...

i can't wait to see how a REAL marathoner does it!!! i'm so excited for you!

Ewen said...

Very impressive - each mile faster than the one before! Your 12 mile run was good too.

I hope the rest of the week goes well. Lots of early nights and rest :)

Marathon Maritza said...

Nice negs!!! (get it? Kinda like 'nice legs'?? <--lame)

I can't believe you already decorated! I'm so jealous!! We are getting our tree and decorating this weekend. Weeeeee!!!