Monday, November 26, 2007

Long Run Week 11 and Race Week Schedule

Sunday 12.0 miles/1:45:38/8:48 average pace



We drove back from San Diego on Saturday, so I waited until Sunday to do my "long" run. That gave me two days off after the 5k and my legs were feeling very good! The run felt pretty good- I wouldn't say it was hard, but it certainly wasn't easy either. My pace was allright- some miles around 8:35 and some around 8:55 and everything in between. The cool thing is that I ran every step of the way! No street crossings, water-fountains (I was carrying a bottle in my fuel belt), bathroom stops, shoe-tying, nothing! :) That was cool. My legs felt good and afterward I only had general soreness, nothing shin-specific. Yay! I would say I felt a little sluggish and heavy, but I'm guessing that has something to do with all the overeating and boozing I did for 3 days straight.

Total miles for last week: 24.4 miles

(oh ya and official time for my 5k was 22:42. wtf?? 30 seconds off seems like a lot. I definitely started my watch at the "gun" and I saw the clock when I finished, so whatever. Still 4th place AG though out of 300!)



This week is all about detoxing my body (nothing freaky, just eating healthy and no alcohol) and staying relaxed. My parents are in town for the week and will be staying with us for a couple nights later this week so that will be a nice distraction. Here is my running schedule:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: 7 miles (2 Goal Pace)
Wednesday: 5 miles Easy + Strides
Thursday: off
Friday: 4 miles Easy
Saturday: off (drive to Sacramento)
Sunday: CALIFORNIA INTERNATIONAL MARATHON

:)

5 comments:

TJ said...

"overeating and boozing for three days straight"
that's what i'm talkin about!
30 seconds does seem a bit much. i'd go with your time...you know it's right.

Arcane said...

Good luck with the final week. Temperature looks nice and cool. Kinda wish I had decided to run CIM now!

miss petite america said...

holy crap, it's this sunday!! i might be up in sac visitng the monchichi. if i am, i should find a spot to watch ya'll zoom by!

Chris said...

Good luck at CIM! Looking forward to the report!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 4th place. Good luck with detoxing and with the race this week.