Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I wish

I want to run, but I feel obligated to let my body rest. I want to increase my mileage this week and get back in a groove, but my stupid toe is black and I need new shoes before I run again. So I plan to get new shoes tomorrow, then I can run 6 miles with the group. I am going to get bigger shoes I guess... that should relieve the toe issue. Then I will start running more. :) I can't wait!

I did some cross-training last night which was a good compromise. I didn't run, but I also didn't sit on my ass. I did 20 minutes on the eliptical and 5 on the bike, then I did strength-training at home. I am going to do the ST routine twice per week.

So here's my plan for the week:

mon: rest/XT+ST
tues: XT/1-mile speed run on TM (in 7:00-7:30, so 8.0-8.5 mph)
wed: 6 mile run with group in new shoes
thur: 3 mile easy run in morning + ST
fri: rest
sat: 8 or 9 miles if feeling good (5-6 if not)
sun: rest

total: 15-19

While I'm at it, here's next week. (preliminary, pending toe/shoe issues)

mon: 4 miles speedwork in morning
tues: 3 miles easy in morning + ST
wed: rest
thurs: 5k race + eat giant turkey dinner
fri: rest
sat: 8 or 9 (see last sat. note)
sun: rest

total: 15-19 again. Blah.

Then the following week is a non-race week so I will hopefully get in a good groove and run 5 days for a total of at least 22 miles, hopefully more like 25.


I really want to be feeling better. The stupid marathon training schedule starts in like 3 weeks now. Maybe I'm not ready. That really pisses me off. I really don't want to go through training injured and pissed and unmotivated. That is a recipe for a shit marathon. :(