Friday, November 04, 2005

What now?

Well, of course I am going to do it again. I am so eager to improve and to challenge myself further. BUT, I want to take a little break too. It won't be the super-loose, no schedule, hey-you-wanna-run-Sure!, spontanious schedule I imagined. Ya, that's just not me. In fact I think I mostly like running because it is an outlet for my hyper-organizationalitis. Yes, inflamation of the organization. What?

Here's what is on the recovery menu:

Recover and Rebuild - took one week off, followed by one easy week, and from here I will build mileage slowly. I figure it will be 20-25 mpw for the next few weeks. I'm throwing in a couple shorter races to take advantage of my marathon fitness before I turn into a walking pumpkin pie.

10k race- Stanford Habitat for Humanity "Home Run"
Dream Goal : 44:59 or better (7:14 pace)
Main Goal: 45:59 or better (7:24 pace)
Acceptable Goal: beat current PR of 47:3x

5k race- Thanksgiving Day Run, San Diego
Dream Goal: 21:30 (6:55 pace)
Main Goal: 21:59 or better (7:05 pace)
Acceptable Goal: 22:xx
(current PR is 21:56 which is pretty fast, so I might not improve much on that. We'll see.)

And there's another goal race which I'm not sure I'm ready to share.