Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Sprinkling on my speedwork

4.0 miles/30:59/7:45 average pace

Got up this morning despite the RAIN and had a nice run. Warmed up with half mile (kinda fast but felt easy) then did 3x 1 mile:

1 7:28
2 7:42
3 7:33

Was feeling pretty tired by the end! I don't know exactly how the recovery periods are supposed to work, so I just stopped my watch and walked for a few seconds. I think I should jog for a couple minutes, but at the same time I don't want to become too dependent on the breaks! That's what happens to me in every race- I have to walk. So I'm thinking a good workout for me would be a tempo run- 3 or 4 miles straight (no recoveries) at 10k pace or so. Actually I was kinda planning on doing that today but I did my first mile too fast and needed a break. :D

Felt kinda sick at the very end, don't know what's up with that. Jogged the half-mile home. :)