Thursday, October 05, 2006

Autumn in Colorado






Wednesday 11.00 miles/1:42:42/9:20 average pace

I didn't take that picture above, but I could have. That's exactly how it looked- soooo pretty!! There was even a touch of snow on the distant mountains. My run went really well, I stayed with my strategy of not looking at my watch, and it worked again. Meaning, I kept my pace easy and just got the miles in. Something is working in this program, because 11 miles doesn't seem like a long run anymore! :)

Oh- and I didn't notice any effect of the elevation in Colorado (about 5300 feet). Which is funny, because I totally noticed it when I ran in Montana at 4000 feet. Maybe there are other factors at work there? Temperature, humidity, etc? Intersting.

I am feeling pretty good so far in my training. Coming up on the end of 4 weeks down, 8 to go. 1/3 of the way there!

I'm excited for the next several weeks. Starting this week I'll be running more mileage than ever before (previous peak mileage was 46, this week is going to be 47), which I will maintain for 6 weeks, peaking at 55. I am excited for the challenge, and I feel prepared for it. My goals are to stay postive, stay rested as possible, and eat healthy. I can do this!!!

1 comment:

Marathon Maritza said...

Nice! I'm SO proud of you and your hardcore training plan.
.
..
...
....
.....
......
.......
........
.........
..........
...........*herky*