Monday, October 16, 2006

Pfitz Week 6

monday: 5 Easy
tuesday: 10 (with VO2 intervals: 5 x 1000 @ 5k pace)
wednesday: 12 Medium Long
thursday: off
friday: 6 Easy + Strides
saturday: 15 (with 12 at Goal Marathon Pace)
sunday: off

Total: 48

Lots of stuff going on up there, and it was a bitch to schedule. I think I am going to split the VO2 workout into two: a short easy run in the morning, then the speed intervals (and the recovery intervals, warm up and cool down miles that go with it) in the evening. I am pretty sure this is ok to do, since the intervals are the meat of the workout and the rest is in the interest of total volume... I think. Anyway, I'll do it in two runs. Wee.

I'm feeling really good so far. I am not sore or feeling any pain currently, even after last week's kick ass 51 mile week. :)It's getting a little harder to get any strength training in, and I'm finding it hard to eat enough some days, but I can work on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eat enough???? Man wish I had that problem.
That does look like one tough schedule for the week. Hope it goes well for you.