Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday 10k

Friday 6.2 miles/1:01:32/9:56 average pace

Started out this fabulous Friday with a run with Maritza. We did 4.5 miles together in the early morning sun, then she decided she was just dying for a Starbucks ;) so I continued home and she arrived shortly thereafter. Once I was alone I figured I may as well do the strides that were on the schedule, so I did 6 of them over the last mile and a half and it felt good.

For your records, Miss Mary T, our 4.5 miles took 46:59 (10:26 average pace). If you assume you kept the same pace for the next two miles your time would be 1:07:49 for 6.5 miles. Nice job!

The final 1.7 miles with my strides (and a little hustle to get home and ready for work) took 14:33 (8:34).

I'm not feeling really sore or anything, which is good. I'm going to try to get to bed early tonight since I was up late last night and up early this morning (got maybe 6 hours of sleep). Then tomorrow I'll do 15 miles, with 12 at Goal Marathon Pace. I'm not going to obsess over hitting any exact pace, just warm up and then try to run the 12 miles below 8:30 ish.

Oh, and yes the Sharks destroyed the Red Wings last night 5-1. :)

No comments: