Sunday, October 29, 2006

Pfitz Week 8

Monday: 8 (VO2 intervals: 3 x 1000 meters at 5k pace)
Tuesday: 11 Medium Long
Wednesday: off
Thursday: 4 Easy + Strides
Friday: 10 Goal Pace
Saturday: 17 Long
Sunday: off

TOTAL miles scheduled: 50


Friday's 10 miles GP is my own addition. The schedule actually calls for a tune-up race of 8-15k. However, we are going out of town over the weekend, so I can't do a race. I thought of doing a "time trial" but that seems a little weird, and I doubt I'd really be able to push myself all that much on a random friday morning before work. I didn't want to totally wuss out and do an easy run, so I think a GP run is a happy medium. Also, I haven't actually done any deliberate Goal Pace running, since I ignored the planned pace in last weeks long run. And I thought I'd do 10 miles, because that will give me 50 miles total for the week, which just makes me feel good.

No comments: