Friday, March 02, 2007

Finally some outdoor running, plus weights and a bonus swim

Thursday 8.0 miles/1:10:06/8:46 average pace

I ran after work in the great outdoors! It was cool- about 50- but only a few clouds which made for a beautiful sunset.

The scheduled said "Marathon Pace" but I admit I've been kind of ignoring that order. I don't really have a marathon pace set, so the run is basically a General Aerobic run, which to me means "however I feel." Turns out, I felt really good! I didn't run particularly fast, but I was consistant, and the pace felt EASY. Easy!!! Hooray!

1- 8:58
2- 8:49
3- 8:51
4- 9:03
5- 8:54
6- 8:54
7- 8:33
8- 8:00

While I ran, I listened to a podcast called Get Your Geek On which was about triathlons, and this particular episode was for Newbie triathletes. I got a lot of good info! I'm going to check out a few other triathlon podcasts too, but this one was pretty entertaining.

I finished my run up at the gym, where Zach was waiting for me, and we hit the weight room for about an hour of upper body weights. It was fun, I felt strong. I think it was a benifit to start the workout right away, as opposed to Tuesday where I had about 20+ minutes between finishing the run and getting to the gym. That's just enough time for the energy to drain from my body.

I went to bed pretty early last night and was motivated to get to the gym this morning for a bonus swim. :) I've been wanting to check out the morning pool scene, but like I suspected, swimmers are an early-bird kind of group and the pool was packed. I had no problem sharing a lane though and had a great swim. I did 15 laps = 750 m in 25 minutes and felt great. :) I've swum 2750 meters this week! Did I use swum correctly?

This weekend will include: 16 mile long run (partially with Zach), swimming, a night out at the Bubble Lounge for my friend's birthday, and some shopping. Just about perfect.

6 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

Swimming at my gym starts at 6:00am.....yuke!!!

Faithful Soles said...

I enjoyed your blog, and let me congratulate you on your Boston Marathon qualification. I do not know if it will be your first Boston, but if it is, you are in for the experience of a lifetime. Just enjoy it, the hard part was qualifying to get there. If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles (be sure while you are there to read The Greatest Marathoner, a true story about an event I witnessed at the 2000 Boston Marathon which will really inspire you in your marathon training). I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. I look forward to following up and reading your blog to see how Boston goes for you. Again, major congratulations.

Unknown said...

You are starting to sound more and more like a triathlete. Watch out, those things are addictive! Is there one on your calendar yet??

Great job with the workouts!

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the early morning swim! I think it's swam - swum is the past participle of swim, swam is the past tense. Anyway - good work on the swimming - hard to believe you were gasping for air a month ago :-O

Arcane said...

Good job with the run. I've swum. I swam. I did swim. It's all basically the same. But I didn't major in english so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

ya I believe it is Swam but SWUM is a FUNNER word...(hehe funner)

Good job either way :-)